In this post I will evaluate the benefits of using wordpress to optimise the reputation of your business. Before deciding which blogging platform is the most beneficial for your business, consider what aim you want to achieve. Let me tell you about what attracts me most to wordpress.
Wordpress, without a doubt is the most SEO friendly tool you can currently find. It works miracles with the search engines, particularly with Google, provided you follow a certain process. If you wish to promote an idea which relates to a particular search phrase, and if you wish to do so speedily, then your obvious choice should be Wordpress.
Most blogging platforms are very easy to use (provided you know how) and each one will give you a variety of templates and designs to work with. But only a few will allow you to work to a simple system that will make sure that your blog is actually being read.
To maximise the visibility of your new Wordpress blog, simply follow these 7 simple steps.
1.URL (domain name): For your blog, choose a custom URL that relates to the search words that you want your blog to be found by. For example www.defamationsolicitor.co.uk (for “defamation solicitor”) or www.socialmedialegalsupportforlistedcompanies.co.uk (for “social media legal support for listed companies”).
2. Creating your first post: Choose a title for your blog post that corresponds with the URL. An example of a good title would be “Legal Support For Listed Companies – why all listed companies need social media legal support”. Repeat important search phrases twice in your title if possible.
3. Writing your first blog post: write a blog post of about 300-500 words. Include the relevant search phrases in different variations at least 2-3 times.
4. Categories: Wordpress allows you to create categories for your blog posts. For your first blog post, create 2-3 categories that correspond with the relevant search phrases. An example of a category: “social media legal support for listed companies”. Another example “Blogging and listed companies”.
5. Tags: Wordpress allows you to create ‘tags’ in relation to each of your posts. Tags are elements that you insert into a blog post to enhance its relevance in relation to a particular search query. Create tags that reflect the content of each blog post.
6. Excerpt: Wordpress allows you to create an excerpt for each of your blog posts. When your blog post appears on search results, Google will pick up the excerpt and present it as a summary of your blog post. Ensure that every blog post that you create includes an excerpt that contains the relevant search phrases.
7. Profile: Create a blogger’s profile where you tell the readers about yourself. If you include relevant search phrases in your profile, Google will display it with relevant search results in response to a relevant search.
There are other important elements that are included with Wordpress which are aimed to enhance your blog’s visibility. Other blogging platforms give you access to some of these visibility elements but Wordpress remains our favourite tool when it comes to not only blogging on behalf of our company but also when we bury down bad internet search results on behalf of our clients.
Posted by Yair Cohen
Internet Law Experts Solicitors
Add a Comment